Logistics for wood and forest products
There is hardly another raw material as versatile as wood. Whether as sawmill wood or industrial wood - its variety of forms offers countless fields of application. At the same time, different requirements for the logistical handling of the individual products derive from this versatility.
As an important partner of sawmills across Europe, Wismar seaport deals both with undressed round logs and with the already processed sawn timber. Within the value chain we are able to manage a variety of amounts precisely and quickly by means of bar code-supported warehouse management systems. The raw materials and products of the international timber industry and of the local timber cluster are thus efficiently integrated into a cycle that makes both ecological and commercial sense.
In the production of fibreboards we also convey and store both the raw material (in the shape of industrial wood) and the finished boards. Thus we get to see every fibre several times during its life cycle. And thanks to state-of-the-art equipment we recognize this master of metamorphosis in every shape.
- Handling for all means of transport
- Order picking
- Load securing
- Cargo control and inspection of goods
- Setting up and servicing of supply chains
- Intermodal transport
- Open-air storage
- Roofed storage capacity
- Rail siding
- Ready access to intersection of motorways A 20 and A 14
- Gantry cranes and mobile cranes (lifting capacity 6.3 to 45 t)
- Ground conveying equipment: Fork-lift trucks (lifting capacity up to 32 t)
- Special grab bucket equipment (grab capacity 1.3 to 3.2 m³)
- Radio-controlled scanners (bar code/RFID)