Logistics for renewable sources of energy
Public awareness of the energy transition has picked up. Just what power companies want the wind to do that produces renewable energy.
We have been providing logistical support for new paths in energy generation not just since the buzz began. Both in wind power plants and in biomass, the growth in commercial significance is making itself clearly felt now. As an energy port we have tailored our services accordingly early on. The local industrial enterprises with their products generate continuous handling activities from wind power plants to wood pellets to wood chips.
But imports of biomass and components for wind power plants from outside our region are also stored and handled expertly at Wismar seaport, and quite irrespective of the buzz about the energy transition.
- Handling for all means of transport
- Load securing
- Cargo control and inspection of goods
- Setting up and servicing of supply chains
- Intermodal transport
- Open-air storage
- Roofed storage capacity
- Rail siding
- Ready road access to the seaport for heavy loads up to 60 m length from the intersection of motorways A 20 and A 14
- Gantry cranes (lifting capacity 6.3 to 45 t)
- Tugmasters/heavy-duty trailers (up to 100 t)
- Ground conveying equipment: Fork-lift trucks (lifting capacity up to 32 t), Reach stacker, compact loaders, wheel loaders
- Special grab bucket equipment