The car industry is one of the key industries in Germany and regularly ranks at No 1 of its highest-volume sectors. We are therefore glad to state that after more than 30 years automobile logistics has returned to the service portfolio of Wismar Seaport.
As the southernmost German port on the Baltic Sea coast, Wismar is an ideal intersection for North-South traffic between Scandinavia, the Baltic States and Russia. And since we enjoy an excellent trimodal traffic connection by sea, rail and road we are an efficient gateway in every logistics chain.
Our port territory has an automotive area with special security and two separate berths. We not only take over the distribution and storage of vehicles, we also offer services and maintenance measures – for a carefree package in car transport.
- Distribution for all modes of transport (ship, rail and truck)
- Cargo control
- Vehicle handling
- Storage operation
- Supply chain management
- Services and maintenance measures
- Smart parking space management
- Modern IT structures for data exchange
- Separate security concept (24/7 security service and CCTV surveillance)
- Separate automotive area on port territory apart from regular port operation
- 2 separate berths for loading cars onto ships, total length 330 metres
- 2 unloading tracks for car transport trains, with direct connection to the storage areas
- Optimum traffic connection to the German motorway network via the A20 and A14
- Automated and web-based access to the port for truck transport, access 24/7 all year round
- Separate truck unloading areas
- Storage area with standardized parking space markings