Logistics for agricultural products
The handling and storage of grain has a long tradition in Wismar. The big historical grain silos are a characteristic feature of the Old Port and show Wismar to be an established storage site for farm products. Agricultural products such as rapeseed expellers and oilseeds are important feedstuffs rich in energy.
In addition, natural raw materials are increasingly used as modern sources of heat energy. Valuable fuels in the shape of rapeseed and rapeseed pellets create growing goods flows in the bio-energy sector and require efficient logistical handling.
Those who use the full energy of Wismar seaport harness the full energy of agricultural products.
- Handling for all means of transport
- Cargo control and inspection of goods
- Setting up and servicing of supply chains
- Intermodal transport
- Open-air storage
- Rail siding
- Connection to intersection of motorways A 20 and A 14
- Mobile cranes
- Gantry cranes (lifting capacity between 12.5 and 45 t)
- Ground conveying equipment: wheel loaders, compact loaders
- Officially calibrated weighbridge for rail cars and truck scales
- Special grab bucket equipment (grab capacity 2.25 to 12 m³)